I know I’ve been gone for such a long time, mainly because I’ve been working on several projects (including some potential co-writers) and school work. But now I’m back with another – or maybe several – ideas for you to try out.
I was in Claire’s and saw this gorgeous jewelry holder that looked so elegant and sleek – but it was over $22. Despite my weakness to all things stylish and beautiful, I couldn’t pay that much for something that only held at least four pieces of jewelry. So, I decided to make my own!
Now although this isn’t as pretty as the expensive store-bought ones, it’s a great DIY project to keep you occupied and be able to get the exact layout and design that you want. So let’s get started!
You will need:
- Drawer pulls or hooks (whichever you prefer) – my dad had some spare ones lying around so I just used those.
- A corkboard – I was able to find a framed 30cm x 40cm one for $3. You can also just buy a frame and cut the corkboard to its size.
- Hot glue gun or super glue – to attach the drawer pulls.
- Velcro – you can use screws or whatever you want to hang it onto the wall, I chose to use velcro.
- OPTIONAL spray paint or paint – if you want to add some color to your jewelry holder, I suggest buying spray paint or paint.
- Gather your materials. If you want to spray paint or paint the frame, I suggest you do it now so it has time to dry before you start putting on the drawer pulls.
- Finalize your layout. Try different ones and decide which one is suited best for your taste.
- Attach the velcro. Again, you can use screws or whatever you want. We stapled the velcro on.
- Attach the drawer pulls. You can use a hot glue gun or just super glue to do this.
- Let it dry.
And you’re done!
I hope you liked this DIY and send me some photos if you tried it! I know it isn’t the best, but the fact that I made it for under $5 is enough to make me happy.
Til next time,